The CareSource Foundation recently awarded its final spherical of quarterly grants for 2013. the muse provides grants to organizations in health and human services domains with attention on children’s health, problems with senior adults, community health, special desires populations and methods to deal with the medically uninsured throughout the state of Ohio.
The CareSource Foundation was created to fund nonprofits that share the Foundation’s mission of advancing the health and well-being of underserved folks within the communities they serve by providing innovative solutions and funding to deal with health care desires. These grants are elect through a rigorous review method that evaluates innovation, impact and property.
CareSource fourth Quarter Foundation Grants Highlights:
Hannah’s chest is a corporation that responds to the wants of youngsters by providing consumer goods, furniture, and toys to folks troubled to boost their youngsters while not spare resources. The CareSource grant can support operational enlargement of the Hannah’s chest, that collaborates with over fifty partner agencies on behalf of underserved youngsters.
Linda visual percept could be a transmutation housing organization based mostly in metropolis that gives safe shelter and a comprehensive autonomy program for homeless girls. Nearly 250 girls and their youngsters are served by Linda visual percept housing and homeless services since their launch in 2008. The CareSource grant can facilitate offer transition and life skills for Linda visual percept residents.
Funding by City:
Dayton, Ohio space – $ seventy,000
Cancer Support Community of Western Ohio
American Red Cross
Linda visual percept
Compassionate Care of Shelby County
Cincinnati – $ forty,500
Children’s Home of urban center
National induration Society of Ohio
Growing Well urban center
The Drop hotel Center
Visiting Nurses Association Center
Cleveland / urban center / Massillon / urban center – $ eighty one,500
Catholic Charities of Cleveland
Feeding Medina County
Free Medical Clinic of Cleveland
Golden Age Center
Nueva Luz Urban Resource Ctr.
Battered Women’s Shelter of Summit & Medina (Akron)
Meals on Wheels of Stark & Wayne counties (Massillon)
Early Childhood choices
Planned adulthood of bigger Ohio
United brain disorder
United Methodist centre (Youngstown)
Women’s Recovery Center
Columbus / Marietta / Oak Hill – $ forty three,000
Canine Companions for Independence
Cornerstone of Hope
Greater brow space Shalom Zone
Madison County Health Partners
Eve, Inc. Marietta
Toledo / Delphos – $ fifty two,500
Cherry Street Mission
The female offspring Project
Rehabilitation Center for medical specialty Development
The Fund for Public Health in George Lucas County
YWCA of Northwest Ohio
Specialized various for Families and Youth
Listing of CareSource Foundation grant recipients and their service:
1. yankee Red Cross (Dayton), to support operations of the emergency housing initiative.
2. Aurora Project (Toledo), for collateral housing services for homeless girls and kids.
3. Battered Women’s Shelter of Summit & Medina counties (Akron), to support violence education, bar and reaching initiatives.
4. Cancer Support Community of Western Ohio (Dayton), to fund professionally-led cancer support teams in Miami County.
5. Canine Companions for Independence (Columbus), to supply highly-trained help dogs for folks compact by syndrome, neural structure injuries, genetic disease, hearing/sight problems and alternative disabilities.
6. Catholic Charities of Cleveland (Cleveland), to supply congregate and home-delivered hot meal for low-income senior adults at the St. Martin Diamond State Porres Family Center.
7. Cherry Street Mission (Toledo), to supply emergency housing for low-income/homeless mission at The Sparrow’s Nest throughout the rescue part of their transition to permanent housing.
8. Children’s Home of urban center (Cincinnati,) to supply psychological state counselling for two hundred uninsured youngsters.
9. Compassionate Care of Shelby County (Sidney), to expand NP services within the free medical and dental health clinic.
10. Cornerstone of Hope (Columbus), to supply comprehensive grief counselling and health cope skills for youngsters UN agency have lost a parent or sib.
11. The female offspring Project (Toledo), to supply recovery services for women UN agency are victims of human trafficking.
12. The Drop hotel Center (Cincinnati) to supply in operation support for the biggest homeless shelter in SW Ohio serving over a pair of,000 people annually.
13. time of life choices (Cleveland), to support a network of family kid care homes for low-income youngsters together with programming that addresses health disparities in minority populations.
14. EVE, Inc. (Marietta), to assist offer emergency transportation and shelter for the Family Violence help Program.
15. religion Mission (Columbus), to supply essential prescription and medical provides for the free medical, dental and vision clinic.
16. Feeding Medina County (Cleveland), manufacture} recent produce in food boxes for low-income senior adults.
17. Free Medical Clinic of Cleveland (Cleveland), to supply medical, activity health, dental, HIV/AIDS, drug abuse and case management services to uninsured residents in NE Ohio.
18. Golden Age Center (Cleveland), to supply meals for over a pair of,000 homebound, low-income senior adults.
19. bigger brow space Shalom Zone (Columbus), to fund scholarships for ten low-income students to participate within the summer Freedom faculty program.
20. Growing Well urban center (Cincinnati), to supply a radiology device, the last piece of apparatus required to launch the Children’s Oral Health Network in SW Ohio.
21. Madison County Health Partners (Columbus), to assist expand diagnostic testing and prescription help within the free health clinic.
22. Meals on Wheels of Stark & Wayne counties (Massillon), to assist coordinate meal deliveries to fifteen community web site locations with attention on the “hidden hungry” low-income seniors and other people with disabilities.
23. National induration Society of Ohio (Cincinnati), to assist serve over half dozen,000 families in twenty four Ohio/N. KY counties UN agency have a friend with associate degree M.S. diagnosis.
24. Nueva Luz Urban Resource Center (Cleveland), to expand housing coordination, youth development, legal, generative health, Latino fatherhood, and resource help programs within the impoverished Cudell neighborhood.
25. Oaks United (Oak Hill), to expand food programs for low-income students in grade school.
26. Planned adulthood of bigger Ohio (Cleveland), to assist decrease STD transmission through peer education reaching ways.
27. Rehabilitation Center for medical specialty Development (Toledo), to supply intensive rehab programs for older adults diagnosed with stroke or traumatic brain injury.
28. specialised Alternatives for Families and Youth (Delphos), to help with treatment, intervention, adoption and placement of youngsters whose intensive desires can’t be managed through ancient care.
29. The Fund for Public Health in George Lucas County (Toledo), to support the Ohio Institute for Equity in Birth Outcomes that is concentrated on decreasing infant deathrate throughout the state of Ohio.
30. United brain disorder (Cleveland), to fund the “Steps to Independence” intensive medical care program for youngsters with disabilities.
31. United Methodist centre (Youngtown), to assist assist nearly one,000 low-income, uninsured and/or homeless families in Mahoning County
32. Visiting Nurses Association (Cincinnati), to supply medical help to a pair of,900 uninsured people through the urban center “Charity Care” program.
33. Women’s Recovery Center (Cleveland), partnership with the Sherwin-Williams Foundation to help in treating dependant mothers and their youngsters through a spread of patient, treatment, education and social services.
34. YWCA of Northwest Ohio (Toledo), to support the “Health & eudaemonia Program for Minority Women” in George Lucas County.
CareSource could be a noncommercial health set up headquartered in metropolis, Ohio. together of the nation’s largest Managed health care Plans, CareSource serves nearly one million health care customers in Ohio and KY. As of Oct. 1, the CareSource Just4Me health set up is obtainable on the Ohio insurance Marketplace. CareSource understands the challenges customers face navigating the health system and works to place health care in reach for those it serves.
Related Nurse Practitioner Programs In Kentucky Press Releases